Venture capitalist Chris Burniske says a wave of crypto events will likely drive a crazy fourth quarter for the nascent industry.
Burniske, a partner at Placeholder Venture Capital, drafted a list of upcoming crypto events that he believes could lead to a great deal of activity in the crypto space before the year ends:
- Bitcoin’s “post-halving push,” suggesting that the king coin will start its ascent six months after the third halving just like it did after the second halving in 2016
- The launch of the initial stage of Ethereum 2.0 dubbed as phase 0, which is likely to happen before the end of the year according to Vitalik Buterin
- Polkadot, a platform that allows cross-blockchain platforms, is expected to be operational in the fourth quarter
- Libra, the initiative spearheaded by Facebook, is set to relaunch
- The launch of Decred DEX, a decentralized crypto exchange that is virtually feeless and permissionless
- The halving of Zcash (ZEC) which can ignite the reversal of the coin’s multi-year bear market
- Assets locked in decentralized finance (DeFi) to exceed $5 billion
- The US presidential elections between Joe Biden and Donald Trump
Last month, Burniske expressed his bullishness on Ethereum after saying that DeFi will outshine the effect of ICOs on the value of the second-largest cryptocurrency.
“If you think DeFi will have a smaller impact on ETH than ICOs, you aren’t paying attention. The ICO boom flexed Ethereum’s ability to perform one financial service: early-stage capital formation. DeFi will flex Ethereum’s ability to perform *all* financial services.”